Best Wa To Save Data

Helle Everybody,

In my Labview Project im acquiring data from five 3d-accelerometer-sensors and calculating with some condtion FFT PSD and Mean RMS of Data. For the acquision there are 15 Channels available. and for each channel i need to save at least 4 Data (FFT, PSD, RMS ..). Im now cofusing how to save these and looking for the best way the save the data. The Data muss be save continuosly while the Loop run.  I thing TDMS could do the best job but how to use it i even ain't know cause im new programming in LV. A screenshot for the Plot Data needed to save is attached below. It concern only one Sensor. The others are in Case-Structure.

I will be grateful for every suggestions.

post-53358-0-53233300-1430085210_thumb.p

You need to answer the questions of how much data are you producing and what is going to happen to it. For example, is it going to another piece of LabVIEW code? Is it going to someone who is going to produce a report in Excel? Is it going to the guy in quality control who swears by Minitab? For quantity, is this going to be twenty readings over a few seconds or six months of data taken every millisecond?

TDMS produces a small binary file. I've run across non-LabVIEW (C? VB?) code to read a TDMS file, but I can't say I've seen it as an option for most applications (NI does have a plugin for Excel on their website). If you need something more portable between application, a CSV file is almost universal but will be larger.

I thank you for the reply Tim_S.

The produced data must be only saved for further utilization for example Matlab and excel. Generally for each Data name-Type (FFT, PSD...) at least 2048 Data must be saved. The acquisitions were coming from 15 channels. I have now a problem how to create a VI to save these.  I need a basic structur.

Thank.

Hello,

here  is an example of for saving for Data over Two Channels with TDMS. Data of each Channel are represented in a Sequence. Because need to save at least 15 Channels ( each channel more than 4 data), what i need to know according to my uploaded VI is  if There is another better way to save Data. The problem is for each data to save i need the TDMS-Write Vi, that means for 40 channels i will nead 40 TDMS-write  VI. Another Question is how can i use TDMS so that for each Channel i have a file with a name (which contains also Data).

I will be greatful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Forum.vi