[CR] TaskDialogIndirect (win-api comctl32.dll)

I also tried to implement a few "NamedPIpe" functions.

Nice work.

Don't over-reach for a first release. Named pipes for progress bars are a stateful digression from just showing a dialogue. Maybe take stock and put a stake in the ground of where you are - package and clean. Then look at that for version 2. Productionise. Then you can incrementally add features under version control.

Just a thought :yes:

Edited by ShaunR
  • Like 1

You're right, I guess I should "finalize" Version 1.0 of "TaskDialogIndirect".

Just for curiosity I had to implement "NamedPipes" function for an LabVIEW application; this is where I got stucked... And, as I mentioned, I do not like a solution depending on another dll, should work "out-of-the-box".

BTW, I also added a progress bar example of the TaskDialogIndirect.

Wow really?  I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I sorta agree with Shaun, even though this is a feature I could see myself using.  Lots of cool features in this but we need some stability.  I mean the structure and file layout alone has changed probably 3 or 4 times since discussions started.  And the code could still use some much needed attention in the form of interface, icons, and documentation.

I just tested the progress bar and it doesn't work for me.  On Windows 7 x64 LabVIEW 2014 SP1 32-bit, the progress window comes up, but the progress bar doesn't move forward.  And closing the dialog hangs LabVIEW.  I looked into it and for me an error is generated in the Get ProcessIDsOfWindows.vi, and the while loop never stops executing.  It should probably stop on error.

I now found the problem with the window handling/handle in LabVIEW 2012, 32bit. Hopefully can solve this soon...

BTW: Any idea, why "GetWindow" (of user32.dll) falied with error 1517," LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x5ED) An error occurred in the Call Library Node processing." when calling with parameter hWnd, GetNExtHandle (2) ? ...

Edited by peterp