LAVA BBQ 2015 - Official Information

Attendance poll  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bolder Software will be in attendance again this year, we're looking forward to it! Traditionally, we like to encourage creativity as much as the technical appetite of this audience. Our door prize will be the LEAP Motion Controller:

leap

Also, if we can get it done by next week, we're hoping to bring something edible for everyone. (Not that kind, just some sugar cookies!)

Edited by johnny icon
  • Like 1

This year, STUDIO BODs joins the LAVA BBQ again.

The door prize we offer this year is Time, but we all know time is money!
We will give 1000 LabVIEW custom Boolean controls (6-states) created with pictures and colors schemes of your choice.
Let’s say it takes 2 minutes to create a LV custom Boolean control, and you have an intern doing them (25$/h), this door prize will save you more than 800$!
You will have 18 months to generate your 1000 buttons with LV Button, by STUDIO BODs  

http://labview-button.com

See ya all at NI Week!

Buttons-Arrangement.png

Picture1.png

• Like 2

I'm in

I will be sure to record it for those that can't make it this year.

I'll be at NI Week but obviously can't attend all the sessions I'd like to attend. Do you already know which sessions you are going to record? That way I guess I can attend the ones you don't record and watch the other ones after the NI Week. Is that a wise strategy?

Thanks!

Is that a wise strategy?

Sorta.  Mark does this out of the kindness of his heart, and his enthusiasm for the community.  Things happen and he might not be able to record a session, or the camera might break, or a presenter might ask him not to.  There are reasons Mark might not be able to record and upload the sessions and I think having him publicly state which sessions he is going to attend might be unfair to him.

That being said I sure hope Mark is able to record some of the sessions I can't go to.  As usual there are a bit too many I want to go to on Thursday, and other days are lighter.

If you do meet Mark, be sure and buy him a beer at the BBQ or some other event, he deserves it.

• Like 1

Sorta.  Mark does this out of the kindness of his heart, and his enthusiasm for the community.  Things happen and he might not be able to record a session, or the camera might break, or a presenter might ask him not to.  There are reasons Mark might not be able to record and upload the sessions and I think having him publicly state which sessions he is going to attend might be unfair to him.

Makes total sense. Thank you Mark no matter what!  :worshippy:

I'm also planning to pass my CLD, so I need to remove even more sessions in my list, tricky tricky tricky...