How to insert an invoke node to a Flat Sequence

Hi guys,

It's long time that I don't ask you an help, but this matter starts to make me crazy. By the scripting I can create a flat sequence on the BD, I'm able to create an invoke node (FP.Close) and I can insert into the flat sequence that invoke node but, I'm not able to wire the sequence to one button just to give a flow to the diagram. Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

...what? Post your code and what you want.  You can make a sequence structure, and you can make the invoke node, but you can't wire a button (boolean control) to the close invoke node?  I think it is as easy as getting all terminals for the invoke node object, then finding the one that is of boolean data type, then using the invoke node on the terminal wiring it to the control terminal (of the boolean).

You already helped me one time ago. I would like to do the same BD as the attached picture but using the scripting. As I said, I'm able to do the sequence, I can do the button, I can do the invoke node, but I can't do the wire and the sequence tunnel. Can you help me?

Okay I think I understand what you are trying to do, can you post the scripting code already that does the sequence and invoke node.

EDIT wait where would this boolean be wired to? just the sequence structure not the invoke node?  Because that invoke node doesn't have a boolean input.

I want the that boolean have to be wired just to the sequence structure. I want that wired just to give a flow to the diagram.

Attached the code.

I solved my problem just adding a frame to the flat sequence that I'm using. On the left frame I set the boolean and on the right frame I set the invoke node. It sesms it work properly.

Scripting_Exemple_001.vi

Just use the invoke node on the Sequence reference, and use the Convert to Flat Sequence.  The two objects don't belong to the same direct parent class so methods on one don't always translate to the other.

In 2014 the Stacked Sequence structure was removed from the palette, it is still supported just maybe close to being deprecated.

• Like 1

What? It is still supported in LV2014. What version of LabVIEW are you using?  :shifty:

I'm using the LV2014 and its every previous version, in LV2014 if you want to use the stacked sequence you have to select a flat sequence from the functions palette and transform it into a stacked sequence. The NI advises to don't use the Stacked Sequence because it is obsoleted and deprecated. I would like that my code survives through the future LabView versions.