Any cool new features of LabVIEW or toolkit?

So I'm assuming some of you guys are rocking it out at NI Week.

Are there any cool new features of LabVIEW/toolkit/module that you noticed?

It seems like there are a lot of variant related VIs now.. Although some of them seem like it would already exist in openG libraries.

By the way, is there a page that lists the new NI hardwares released at NI Week?

Yeah as others have said.  The biggest ones for me are:

Right click menus API, and a bunch of new right click menus built in

TDMS defrag is faster, with an optional progress bar

Perform TDMS operations on a file in memory, instead of on disk

Delete data from a TDMS file on disk

Hyper links in comments on the block diagram

I think Quick Italics and underline (am I imagining it?)

And the super secret feature, the Asynchronous Wire

Faster executing code (I haven't tested)

There are others and I forget way more than I remember but still for me this is a decent list when compared to the things I cared about most in 2014.

I'm quite happy about the TDMS in memory functions which spares the need to use Ramdisk programs but even more about the "Delete from TDMS" file feature.  Those files can become very large and until now, you had to recreate the file keeping only the channels that you wanted to keep which could take a very long time. 

I remember having a discussion with a couple of NI's engineers at NI Week 2014 about that feature.  Even though they did not seem convinced after our discussions, I'm glad they found other reasons to implement the feature.  I wonder how the feature was implemented, either as a "real" delete or if they recreate a new file under the hood (which can take a long time.)  The problem with the faster response is likely that the freed memory is hard to recover unless you "defrag" the file but that feature does not seem to have been added.  I look forward to trying this on a future project.

I remember having a discussion with a couple of NI's engineers at NI Week 2014 about that feature.  Even though they did not seem convinced after our discussions, I'm glad they found other reasons to implement the feature.

I had a somewhat similar experience, where I was talking about how I wanted a way to breakup the TDMS file, defrag the parts, then combine them.  This would give me the ability to have a progress bar on a defrag, and a cancel.  Here is a post detailing some of my work.  I eventually did come up with a solution, but the defrag time increased quite a bit.  Glad there is a native solution, even if it doesn't allow for a cancel.

I understand why you would want a progress bar in the past.  We created something similar with a warning before the operator launched the process. 

I'll play with the new functions later to see about the performance but it would be nice if someone from NI could give us some details about the implementation.  I should probably post on ni.com for that...!  The basic help files do not offer any extra information. 

That's only for accessing it through a web browser. What I would like is to use a FTP client like Filezilla. So I was wondering if there is a way to do that with a host, a user name and password, a port number, and so on...

Open ftp servers usually support the "anonymous" user with no or any password. Your web browser does that for you in the background. In Filezilla you should be able to use

host: ftp.ni.com

username: anonymous

password: anything

port: 21