transfer function

Hi all

i need to input a second order transfer function in my vi and the available tranfer function blocks are in frequency domain while im working in time domain. Plz if you know how to do it as it's done in simulink or in a similar block diagram notation, help me out. thanx

Ashmex

There are many ways to do this,

1. Look at the Analyze pallette on the block diagram, there is a Mathmatics pallette that has lots of stuff, including the ability to use custom math, and there is a bunch of Transfer functions for both the Time domain and Frequency domain under the signal processing pallette.

2. You can look at the LabVIEW Control & Design Toolkit fron NI. This is an additional package that includes many add-on VI's that will do calculation on transfer functions.

3. If you have a complicated formula or function in Matlab, Simulink, or some of the other programs, you can interface to them as compiled DLL's.

4. Or you can use the NI Simulation Interface Toolkit, which is also an add-on toolkit.

It sort of depends on what software you have and what you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps,