Using XNodes in the field of Control Engineering

Hey Guys,

I am a student of Masters in Mechatronics and have a project relative to creating ExNodes in Labview to recreate the PID Controller. I come from a Mechanical background and have very minimal knowledge with LabVIEW.

I tried learning how to script (as I read that it is important to know how to script to learn to create ExNodes) but am finding difficulty in that as well. I wanted to know if someone could take time and explain me step by step on how to script on LabVIEW and also create ExNodes so that I can learn to create the PID Controller algorithm on LabVIEW.

If you guys could also help me with author names to books which help me learn LabVIEW from the start to end, it would be great. Hoping to read positive responses soon. 

Regards

Abhinav

You certainly shouldn't need XNodes for PID. As flarn says, just use a subVI. I would also say that unless your goal is learn about PID by implementing the algorithm, you should just use NI's PID VIs and focus your time on other things. I'm not sure what you need to get the PID VIs (I think in recent versions they're freely available, but if you're a student, you probably have access to them even if they're not), but you can search for that. If you still want to create it yourself, you should start by making sure you understand both the algorithm and LabVIEW well enough.

I have no particular content to recommend for learning LV, but you can start here - http://labviewwiki.org/LabVIEW_tutorial

• 2 months later...

I am currently working on my Master thesis for Application of Control Engineering using XNodes and my professor prefers that I initially start creating an XNode of the PID Controller. But as of now, I have only been able to learn VI Scripting and not good with that too. I learnt that I must change the xnodewizardmode=true in the data file "LabVIEW.ini" but I dont find the file even on a full search including hidden icons. Is it because I'm using an evaluation version for LV14 on Mac and Windows?

Edited by Abhinav Kothari