Windows 10 Issues

viSci

1 hour ago, rolfk said:

Not simply like that. It was part of project work so copyright is an issue. And it is definitely a to big project to tackle as a one man show. One complication with OpenCV is that the newer API is C++ based so you will not get around to creating an intermediate shared library either. And unfortunately the IMAQ control does not seem to work on non Windows platforms eventhough it is mostly a built in control in LabVIEW itself and not provided by the IMAQ Vision software, so there is the need to add an additional element to handle efficient display of images in some form of external window and that is thanks to different windows managers not always straight forward.

I wasn't hopeful, but it's always worth asking the question ;) I think there are similar issues with some of the DAQ too. I've only touched the surface with limitations since I've never used Linux in anger, so to speak-just for testing toolkits. It will be interesting to see what NI do with their PXI racks as ETS is Windows 7 (nee windows XP).

• 1 year later...

The upgrade assistant that gets installed can perform a revert in the case of something not working right afterwards.  I've never done this and don't expect it to work but it is there.  Also this upgrade assistant keeps all these old files only for a month before deleting them itself.  After that it will likely mean a format.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:28 PM, hooovahh said:

The upgrade assistant that gets installed can perform a revert in the case of something not working right afterwards.  I've never done this and don't expect it to work but it is there.  Also this upgrade assistant keeps all these old files only for a month before deleting them itself.  After that it will likely mean a format.

I doubt it would work, i have installed it anyway and will keep you guys posted. 

• 11 months later...