oglib_lvzip not compatible with LV 2015 x64

Hi, 

I've been using the lvzip package for quite some time, but migrating to 64bit LabVIEW 2015. I replaced the old with the latest 4.0.0-2 for LV2015x64 and two routines are broken with the library call in:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\user.lib\_OpenG.lib\lvzip\lvzip.llb\ZLIB Deflate__ogtk.vi
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\user.lib\_OpenG.lib\lvzip\lvzip.llb\ZLIB Inflate__ogtk.vi

The linked library isn't compatible with 64bit. Is there another version that is compatible with 64bit for these routines? 
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\user.lib\_OpenG.lib\lvzip\lvzlib.dll

I am using these specifically in compressing BLOB data from a database and would like to keep the same call in both releases of x86 and x64. 

If they are not compatible, it should not be present on the x64 platforms for LabVIEW on the VI Package Manager. 

Thanks, 

--Kevin Shirey

Doesn't work in LV2014 64-bit either, so its probably a post-install/packaging issue. The 64bit dll can be found at the repository below. Download and replace the current dll as a workaround.

http://sourceforge.net/p/opengtoolkit/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/lvzip/source

That's not a good idea!! The new 64 bit shared library has various changes that will not work without an updated ZLIP VI library and support files at all. The VIs as they are in the sourceforge repository are the updated ones. A new packages needs to be build but I have delayed that since there are still some issues with additional functionality I wanted to include. This here is an early beta version of a new package which adds support for 64 bit Windows. The MacOSX package support hasn't been added yet so that part won't work at all. What it does contain is an installer for support for the NI realtime targets. This RT installer will however only get installed if you install the package into 32 bit LabVIEW for Windows, since that is the only version which supports realtime development so far. Once it is installed you can go into MAX and select to install extra software for your RT target. Then select custom install and in there should be an OpenG ZIP Toolkit entry which will make sure to install the necessary shared library to your target. 

For the deflate and inflate alone the replacement of the shared library may indeed be enough but trying to run any of the other ZIP library functions has a very big chance to crash your system if you mix the new shared library with the old VIs.

If they are not compatible, it should not be present on the x64 platforms for LabVIEW on the VI Package Manager. 

That package was released in 2011, LabVIEW was already present then for 64 bit (since LabVIEW 2009) but VIPM didn't know about 64 bit LabVIEW yet and one could not even attempt to try to convince VIPM to make a difference there. Also the updated package was mainly just a repackiging of the older version from 2009 to support the new VI palette organization, and nothing else.

oglib_lvzip-4.1.0-b3.ogp