problems with vi.lib when creating an .llb

hofzge

I have a project that i took over and as part of this project drivers are packed into a .llb which is then loaded. This has all worked well in the past on my predecessors PC but I get this:

LabVIEW cannot find a file that is a dependency of a Startup, Exported, or Always Included VI.

File Not Found: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\utf\common\utf_test_result_troll.ctl

The missing file might be referenced by one of the libraries included in the build or by the file - HIPI-Simulation.lvclass. To fix this issue:

- Open all Startup, Exported, or Always Included VIs, recompile them (CTRL+SHIFT Click the Run arrow) and save them to update their dependencies.

<Call Chain>Error 7 occurred at AB_Engine_HandleLinkErrors.vi -> AB_Engine_Update_Source_from_Linker.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:CalculateDependencies.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_API Do Two Step Build.vi:4020001 -> AB_API Build.vi:4700001 -> NI_AB_API_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> NI_AB_API_SDIST.lvclass:Build.vi -> Build_HipiDriversThunderball.vi -> Build.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

-------

Is my Labview too new and vi.lib has changed? Did I delete parts of vi.lib?

The files located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\utf" refer to the "Unit Test Framework.  It is one of the component that you choose too install with LabVIEW. Open the installer again and try including it as part of the LabVIEW install (you shouldn't need to reinstall everything, just this new component). Afterward, the mentioned file should be found. 

I am not sure why this is a dependency of your project though but hopefully it solves your problem.  Good luck.

• Like 1