TCP Write JSON

beuleal

Hi guys!

I using i3 json pallet to transform a big cluster into json. The cluster has a lot of information and one of them is an array with 600 position. The cluster's size is approx. 6kb, which isnt too much.

When im transfering, it takes approx. 1 sec to transfer. What should i do?

You should post your code and give more details about your setup.  If you are opening and closing the transfer every time this is probably expected.  Keeping the reference open the whole time will probably improve total transfer time.  It was probably an accident, but you should also not make two topics.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I using i3 json pallet to transform a big cluster into json. The cluster has a lot of information and one of them is an array with 600 position. The cluster's size is approx. 6kb, which isnt too much.

When im transfering, it takes approx. 1 sec to transfer. What should i do?

Depends on what exactly is taking 1 second. If its the conversion from cluster to json string, well that library, if I remember correctly, is on the slow side. I'd recommend this one:

https://lavag.org/files/file/216-json-labview/

or of course the built-in flatten to json which is even faster.

• Like 1

The reason is probably that the json parser stops decoding the UTF8 encoded string at \00 (IMHO this is clearly a bug since strings are not NULL terminated in LabVIEW).

/J

It's clearly a bug. The encoding even goes well and the actual JSON decoding too, but then somewhere between there and the conversion into a proper LabVIEW string handle things go awry by using a standard C string function instead of allowing for embedded \0 characters.