How to read a Vane Meter?

Ano Ano

Hello,

In my new job they requested me to acquire date from a vane meter (flow meter) that gives pulses/litre that flows through.

The vane meter is the https://www.vaf.nl/media/1078/proflowmeters-b5xxx-with-n-counter-sn-plus700000-english-tib-141-gb-1113.pdf?type=Manual%C2'> Pages 11-13

I am more used to analogue signals rather than digital/pulse. This is the first time I have to translate pulses, their width etc to liquid quantity so I am confused on how to do it. I need some assistance on what NI hardware to use, how to connect it and the software methodology to use.

Thank you in advance

This would use a counter input. Since you're totalizing, then you are just counting the number of pulses and multiplying by the number of L one pulse represents. The pulse width does not have an impact on the volume. The resolution of the measurement is one pulse, so there will be a measurement error of the volume one pulse represents.

I've used the NI 9411 before (the NI 9361 wasn't available at the time). Just glancing at the NI 9361 spec, that looks promising to use. The output of the flowmeter has a high voltage that is set by a supply voltage/resistor/zener combination. Recommend you check with your NI rep to make sure the hardware works. (I've run into undocumented gotchas before.)