labview on DragonBoard 410c

Looks like this uses an ARM processor. AFAIK LV can only produce x86 machine code, so presumably the answer is no.

LabVIEW can in principle create ARM code for the crosscompilation to the ARM based NI RT RIO devices. But that doesn't work on other ARM targets easily. For one it must be an ARM Cortex A7 compatible device. And you need the LabVIEW runtime library for NI Linux RT which is technically not trivial to get running on a different target and legally you need to buy a runtime license from NI to be allowed to do that. Also it doesn't use Windows at all but the NI Linux RT OS which you would have to port to that board too.

Supposedly the guys from TSExperts are working on a version of their cross compilation toolchain that is supposed to work for the Raspberry Pi device which is also an ARM based embedded board. I have no idea how they get to create code from LabVIEW to port to those targets but would assume they make use of the LabVIEW C Code Generator module which has a hefty price tag. What their license deal with NI might be I also have no idea, but I don't expect this to be standard procedure.

So in conclusion, it is not a clear no as tst put it, but for most applications still not a feasable thing to attempt.

To the OP: The Windows 10 version running on the DragonBoard is not a normal Windows version as used on your desktop computer but the Windows RT kernel which is also used for the Windows Mobile platform. This is a Windows version build around .Net technology and does not provide any Win32 API but only the .Net API. Also it is typically not compiled for the x86 CPU but for some RISC based architecture like ARM. LabVIEW for Windows definitely can't run on this and never will since it's interfacing to the Win32 API and is compiled for the x86 CPU.

• Like 1

I have no idea how they get to create code from LabVIEW to port to those targets but would assume they make use of the LabVIEW C Code Generator module which has a hefty price tag. 

I haven't personally used their toolkit, but since they already have an Arduino compiler for LabVIEW which doesn't use the C Code Generator, I'd assume that their Pi compiler would also not require this toolkit.

Supposedly the guys from TSExperts are working on a version of their cross compilation toolchain that is supposed to work for the Raspberry Pi device which is also an ARM based embedded board. I have no idea how they get to create code from LabVIEW to port to those targets but would assume they make use of the LabVIEW C Code Generator module which has a hefty price tag. What their license deal with NI might be I also have no idea, but I don't expect this to be standard procedure.

I never asked them, but based on the material I remember seeing from them, my guess is that they essentially created their own version of the C code generator and that their compiler analyzes the LV code (probably with VI server) and converts it into a format which can be compiled to the relevant target using its tool chain, although I don't know what form that actually takes. I would guess C, because that seems easier than generating hex files, but that's just a guess piled on top of another guess.