Pulse Measurement.vi (G version)

viSci

Does anyone remember if there was an older version of this vi written in pure G?  I would like to have a version that I can modify to return all pulse measurements in a waveform instead of just the one specified.  It seems like much of the work in finding one pulse could be applied for finding all pulses.  My interest comes from a requirement for real-time processing of a 32 channel AI at 100kHz with each ch containing ~ 500 pulses/s.  The current Pulse Measurement vi is about 10x too slow to keep up.  I am on my way to creating my own from scratch but still would be useful to have on hand for comparison.

So I don't have exactly what you want, but I do have something that might be a start.  A while ago I too found the pulse measurement to be lacking.  I had a requirement to detect a single drop out in a PWM signal.  So first I converted the analog to a digital, then performed standard deviations on the amount of time between low transitions and high transitions.  This can be found in the following two threads on NI's forums.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Two-Threshold-Analog-to-Digital/td-p/2738762

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Detect-PWM-Drop-Out/td-p/2610921

Using the information the attached code can be made.  It takes an analog signal, converts it to a digital one using a high and low threshold, finds the transitions, and determines if the signal integrity is good by looking at the standard deviation of the transitions.  Not perfect but I think you can use this information to make what you want.  Requires OpenG array, and back saved to 2013.

Analog Signal Processing.zip

Nice, thanks!  I think this would be a good starting point.  Perhaps add auto ref level based on the measured amplitude and offset.  Also could add interpolated indexes since there is a small error between the thresholded index and the actual fractional index that would correspond to the precise point where the signal crossings occur.