Notifier probe returning different data on alternate executions

Hi all,

I have seen something today I was not expecting.

If I probe a notifier wire, in the probe window I get two different messages in the Probe Display on alternate executions of the same piece of code:

I get this:

Notifier name: 
Latest notification: 
Number waiting: 0
Refnum (in hex): 0x08800000

and then I get an empty value in the probe display, with the value in the table reading: "Unnamed - 0 waiting - 0x880000

So both tell me the same thing, but I wonder why I get this alternating effect. It is very noticeable in the probe window as the blue line that highlights the current probe is skinny and then fat.

This is LV2015.

Am I doing something strange in my code or have others seen a similar effect.

post-7375-0-65619700-1447240043.png

post-7375-0-94603700-1447240064.png

I'd check your code very carefully. I've seen something like this before and finally traced it to a difficult-to-find coding error. I don't remember the exact details, but my vague recollection is I had some code that obtained a new notifier if the existing notifier input was invalid, coupled with a situation where I wasn't properly passing the notifier ref out only when the the existing notifier was valid (could have been a "use default if unwired" sort of thing). As a result, a probe on the wire would rapidly alternate between a valid and invalid notifier refnum.

EDIT: and then I looked at your images more closely... no idea. I don't have LV2015. Does every notifier refnum do that, or just one specific instance? You're not doing something funny like casting it to an int, then back to a notifier, right?

Edited by ned