Anyone knows the input arguments for the "SuppressChangeNotifications" project invoke node?

pylb

Hi,

i am trying to automate building a code, deploying it on an RT target and rebooting the target. I've got everything working but I do have a dialog box saying that the connection to the target was lost popping up.

I would like to disable this notification during my process and re-enable it after.

Anyone has an idea how to do this?

I tried the "suppress Project Dlgs" invoke node of the target but it does not work.

I changed the target Tags to prevent the "periodic check of the responsiveness of teh RT protocol" but that did not work either.

I found this invoke node for the project that us called SuppressChangeNotification. I am not sure if that would do it since it could just be change of the content of the project not changes in the state of a target in the project. But the problem is, since it is part of the SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff the inputs are not documented and it needs ItemIDs of the notification that will be suppressed.

Anyone know what those IDs are? or has a better way to suppress that diakog box?

thanks,

Pierre-Yves

Hi PY, there is an invoke Node called "App:Disconnect From Slave". Assuming that your pop-up message comes from the Project window, this should do the trick. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to work as expected in my LV2014 project (nothing happens to the connection status of my RT target in my project). Calling this (it it works) before the reboot should spare you from seeing the pop-up but again, I can't get it to work here...

Thanks for the tip I did not look at the app level; unfortunately it doesn't work for me either. It is actually quite n odd place for it; what if you have several target in your project, how would it know which one you are trying to disconnect from?

• 3 weeks later...

PY: Did you ever find a way to work around your problem? I found new information that may be useful to you.

I played around some more with the functionality today and it really seemed that the invoke Node called "App:Disconnect From Slave" had to be called from within the RT target itself to work, as suggested on the NI forum. Then I tried some other tests to see if it is possible to Run a VI directly on a RT target (that is in your project). At first, I thought that it was not possible and couldn't figure it out until I found this link: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Loading-and-Running-a-VI-on-a-cRIO-from-a-PC/td-p/796657 . I think that this actually gives you your solution by explaining that each target has its own application instance (also search for "Working with Application Instances" as a "Concept" in the LV[2014 in my case] help file). The way to acquire them is (or at least my way since I couldn't directly give the IP address of the RIO) was:

- App-> Project.ActiveProject -> Targets -> [index proper one] -> Application -> "Disconnect From Slave"

Notes:

- "Project.ActiveProject" appears to be a VI scripting (bue background)

- The "Application" property node is located near the very end of the list

This silently disconnects the cRIO and may be able to remove your popup if done shortly after requesting the RT to restart. With the same App reference, you can also programmatically launch a VI to the Target from the Host (same as pressing the Run arrow with cRIO target selected.) It could definitely be useful for you as well if you need to delay the restart to prevent the pop up. I mean, Deploy your application to the CompactRIO with the "Run As Startup" enabled, then get the App reference and run a simple VI that resets the CompactRIO after a few seconds of delay. During that time, call the "Disconnect From Slave" Invoke Node and your pop-up should be gone...

Let me know if this works for you!