broken formula nodes

I have been trying to write LV 6.1 formula nodes and they keep breaking with a nonsense message about the wrong line and needing a left brace. Even simple ones like the attachment do this:

Error on line 1 is marked by a '#' character: "if ( f <# 250 ) CHRL=20; else CHRL=2; P"

First they work, then they don't work.

I don't see any info here or at NI. Has any one else seen this?

Download File:post-1810-1111114173.vi

I have been trying to write LV 6.1 formula nodes and they keep breaking with a nonsense message about the wrong line and needing a left brace. Even simple ones like the attachment do this:

Error on line 1 is marked by a '#' character: "if (  f <# 250 ) CHRL=20; else CHRL=2; P"

First they work, then they don't work.

I don't see any info here or at NI. Has any one else seen this?

4258[/snapback]

Your problem lies there, that the formula node requires a single value instead of the array. When using LV6.1 I get a strange error report ("Left brace required"???), in LV7.1 the error reports the real problem.

Didier

Your problem lies there, that the formula node requires a single value instead of the array. When using LV6.1 I get a strange error report ("Left brace required"???), in LV7.1 the error reports the real problem.

Didier

4260[/snapback]

I still seem to be missing some point. Where is the array in that formila node?

In your example you build an array of 1000 elements which you wire to the input (f) of the formula node.

post-253-1111149905.png?width=400

4264[/snapback]

Well, thank you for pointing that out. I can see it should be obvious. I've got to stop that late night programming, or maybe the company should be hiring younger engineers.

:headbang: :oops:

I think this should conclude this lame post thread, unfortunately I'm not sure how to perform such a feat. Any last minute tips for me?