[Article]How can I drag and drop vom Windows to labview and have the File(ini File) Content Display and manageable like in Movie Makers

So...instead of asking a question you made an article, which is usually used for showing people how to do a thing.  And instead of showing someone how to do that thing you asked the question?  Then in the forums where you would ask the question you just link to that article?  Why didn't you just ask the question here?  I've edited your post so the question is in the forums where it belongs.

As for your question what have you tried?  Have you searched this topic, I remember finding several semi-working solutions involving hidden path controls.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the drag&drop operation is the problem here.

To me it seems more like the presentation of the files could be problematic. You are trying to do this for multiple files, right? LabVIEW isn't the language of choice when trying to make pretty UI stuff.

OTOH I haven't used movie maker for a long time so I can't quite remember how it represents pictures - I'm imagining tiles (There's a demo somewhere that shows how to implement windows 8/10 style UI tiles on a FP but I can't find it now). But as a newcomer to LV, you'd be entering the world of pain.

:frusty:  :throwpc:  :angry:

• Like 1

Oh thank you hooovahh  :D I didn't see where to directly ask questions. I have try to do it with dynamical download of Vis or using listbox.

I see your point ThomasGutzler. but it exist the possibility to drag and drop files from Windows to Labview. 
My goal actually is to:
- drag a file from window drop it in labview and display it content
- select and drag and item from the display, that I would drop in another display(listbox, tree, anykind) so that it can call its fonctions in another display. And then use a text file to somyrise all de procedure.

I hope you understand my idea :D

Hi MikaelH
the interface appearence is very interessting. How does it work I have droped pictures and file but nothing seem to be displayed in it. 

Thank U all;) 

Modulen Einstellungen.vi

I see your point ThomasGutzler. but it exist the possibility to drag and drop files from Windows to Labview. 

My goal actually is to:
- drag a file from window drop it in labview and display it content
- select and drag and item from the display, that I would drop in another display(listbox, tree, anykind) so that it can call its fonctions in another display. And then use a text file to somyrise all de procedure.

I hope you understand my idea :D

Not really. What's this "item from the display"?

I don't understand if you're just dropping a single or multiple files or multiple files individually. And what those functions "it" can call?

Are you writing to the text file that you dropped onto the UI?

Mike's VI only handles text files. If you want to open images, you have to modify the "OpenFile" case.

• Like 1

Hello ThomasGutzler, ah thank you I see ;)

here is the idea of my UI design pictured. 

I would like to implement a user interface where the user can drag and drop files from window explorer and process it.  But I don't really know how to start. I know the basics. I have try to use list box but what I want is a sort of  MOVIE MAKER for files. Let say FILE MAKER ha ha 16x16_smiley-wink.gif

would you please guide me ? thanks in advance. 

A Menu-space: with differents icons for differents uses like save etc 

A Workspace: Where the file will be drop(a single log/ini file)  

A function space: Where the functions of the selected element in the dropped file will be display 

An Information space: where the user will be informed about the process.

At the end the name of the file, the name of the selected element of the file and the used(called) function will be written in a text file( kind of a programm-flow).

:D

ccs-52901-0-16254400-1450457268.png
Edited by prolabview