data conversion

Hello All,

I am extremely new to labview so please forgive my complete lack of knowledge. I am using Labview for an undergraduate thesis project to control an instrument and log some data simultaneously. The first part is to simply organise the data logging facilities. I have an extremely limited time to complete this project and thats why I'm opting to ask rather than spend hours figuring this out, which is probably really easy.

I have two thermocouples which are both recording dynamic data via a hardware box, can get the specs if required. I also have a scale that I am using as a load cell that is recording string data. I need to convert the string data and maybe? the dyanmic data and record it against time. At the moment I am using the the labview in built data recorder which only saves dynamic data to record the thermocouple data against time. How do I also incorporate the load cell string data? Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave:

Assuming that you have the load cell data available within LabView in string form, Scan from string should help you convert the load cell data into a numeric form:

post-1144-1111426421.png?width=400

You'll need to merge that data with the other data, might be the easiest way is to edit the routine you already have for recording the TC data, and add the load cell data into it.

I can't hope to solve the whole problem, but I've helped out a little on at least one key part of it.

Best Regards, Louis