File Search tool using LabVIEW

hdm21

Hello,

I am having a trouble with the large amount of data (1,000s of files) that I am sending to my computer from Labview.

After a while it is impossible to find the file that I want, even if I name the correctly. Does anyone know about an easy searching tool?

Thanks

If you indexed your drive, you could use The built-in tools from Microsoft.

If your files are small, you could use a database to store the information. It will be quite easy to find it later.

You can even create your own tools using Labview.

;)

Using notepad++ you can do a search easily as well. even with data inside of your file "text file".

Edited by Benoit

Like is mentioned in the [crossost](http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/searching-tool/td-p/3237619) hooovahh mentioned, I have used rinocloud.com to manage large amounts of spectrum data in my lab, its currently in beta, but I have a few invites I can share.

rinocloud integrates with labview. I use it to save large amounts of spectrum files (10,000s per day, typically a few Kb per file). I can attached measurement metadata to a file so searching later is easy

• 3 months later...

If you're looking for a particular file with a known filename, I cannot recommend enough voidtools.com Everything search tool.  I seriously don't know how I got along without it.  It indexes every file on fixed disk locations (takes a minute or so on first startup) and after that, it winnows through the file list as fast as you can type.  Works with wildcards as well.  I have mine running on startup and bound to Win+A.

It's really great for finding duplicate files, projects, different DLL versions.

It doesn't look inside the file at all, but for many, many needs I haven't found anything else that can touch it.

• Like 1