Active plot order does not match actual plot order

codcoder

Hi guys,

I'm trying to programmatically update the names of five plots in a digital waveform graph. The plots are in a particular order which corresponds neatly withe the order in the legend as in the order under the "Plots" tab in the properties window.

However when I try to update the Plot.Name property for each plot by stepping through the ActPlot property the order seems to be 1-2-3-4-0, i.e. when I try to change the name of ActPlot=0 it affects the last plot instead of the first.

What gives? Is there any other indexing property instead of ActPlot I can use which LabVIEW uses to keep track of the plot order? I'm just updating an old vi so it would be nice if it could be solved without altering the waveform used as an input to the graph.

This is simply amazing! Speedy answer, working solution. Thanks enserge!

To be clear for anyone with the same problem it is the two steps YScale.ScaleFit=0 and YScale.ScaleFit=2 that does the trick (I guess you force LabVIEW to internally update the chart or something). Will you report this to NI enserge?

Edited by codcoder

go ahead, please, I'm kinda busy these days. I sort of remember I have read on some other thread that the digital graph was a nest of bugs, but if we don't report them one by one there is little chance to get them worked. I also had some occasional mess ups of the plotted part, but not that systematically to pinpoint when, and likely the trick of forcing re-autoscale masks them.

The attached shows what I think is the bug for me. And another one btw related to the always visible plot legend in either classic or tree form. And third, occasionally the Y scale gets wrong but it is not clear to me when.

I suspect race conditions while redrawing as I've been able to reproduce the faulty naming only using the event structure; labelling was always correct if I omitted the outer while and event frame, i.e. if I had run the inner code once and again from ready to run VI state.

DigitalPlotNames.vi

ETA: tried twice to submit it as a service request and got

An error ocurred.
We are unable to create your Service Request at this time. Please try again later.
Edited by ensegre

ETA: tried twice to submit it as a service request and got

An error ocurred.
We are unable to create your Service Request at this time. Please try again later.

You'll have much better luck posting to http://forums.ni.com/ than submitting a service request.

(Twice before, I tried to submit bug reports using service requests. The staff who was assigned to me started off by asking very simple questions which were already answered in my original post. Since then, I've posted all my reports to the forum, and get good outcomes)