removing box around labels

It often seems to be that its the simplest things that get me stuck with labview.

I can't figure out how to make the box around the labels for "Function" or "nDmm" to disappear. For that matter, I don't know how to make a box appear round the label for "error in". (see image)

anyone know how to do this?

labview 6.1

thanks,

ben

post-1562-1111441120.jpg?width=400

Hi Ben:

I also find myself struggling with the simplest things in LabView-- And it is funny that I had the exact same problem Friday, except on my front panel--- even though I've solved that problem many times before, I keep forgetting the answer, and its always painfully obvious when I remember...

Click on the paintbrush in the tool pallette, then click on the black (forground) rectangle next to the paint brush. When the pick color dialog box shows up, click on transparent choice (T box in the upper right corner.) Then use the paint brush to paint the box, and the edge of the box, which is a foreground item, will be changed to transparent. (And so forth to change the color of the text box or its border to whatever you prefer.)

post-1144-1111442236.png?width=400

Pulldown menu Tools>Options>Block Diagram>Use transparent name labels checkbox will change the default for when you add new items, but it won't change what is already there, and I'm not even sure that everything you add will always follow the default.

Hope to have been of help.

Best Regards, Louis