Events Not Working in Built Application

I posted this in the NI Forums a few days ago, but I have discovered a few more oddities since the original post and the title is no longer accurate. Also, there wasn't much response there, so I thought I'd see if any of you fine folk could shed some light on the problem. Here's a link to the original post.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Values-not-passed-to-subVIs-in-builds-in-LV2014-and-2015/td-p/3254123

It now seems like the subVI that isn't working is actually getting all the values passed to it, but for some reason isn't able to generate the return event. That or it is generating the return event, but the event isn't being processed by the run time engine, because there are no errors from Generate Event. We are in the process of upgrading our entire code base to LabVIEW 2015, and we are reorganizing projects and libraries to make it somewhat easier to force inclusions in builds if that's the only solution.