Plugins, PPLs and the MGI Solution Explorer

• 1 year later...

It's a great tool.

I noticed that I can run it from the command-line. By using the following command:

"MGI Solution Explorer.exe" <path_to_lvsln> -B

it will open the tool and start the build process.

Unfortunately the first thing that happens is a warning dialog asking me to make sure all changes are saved before proceeding.

Is there any workaround to avoid this dialog so we can use the tool in our continuous integration and let it generate (nightly) builds without any user interaction?

This is a very bad tool since I'll end up losing my prestige as the LVLibP guru at work.

All the hard learned issues with PPLs that I was solving for my co workers will now be a non issue :(

All jokes aside... You rock! :thumbup1:

PPLs are non trivial and, hopefully, your tool will bring the good while keeping the bad away. Thanks!

• 9 months later...
On 19/09/2017 at 3:11 PM, StefanLemmens said:

It's a great tool.

I noticed that I can run it from the command-line. By using the following command:

"MGI Solution Explorer.exe" <path_to_lvsln> -B

it will open the tool and start the build process.

Unfortunately the first thing that happens is a warning dialog asking me to make sure all changes are saved before proceeding.

Is there any workaround to avoid this dialog so we can use the tool in our continuous integration and let it generate (nightly) builds without any user interaction?

It's a great tool that my team already used with benefit in the past.

However, I'm trying to do the same thing as StefanLemmens in the post above : using MGI SX in a continuous integration process.

I have 2 problems :

- the same one as StefanLemmens : the popup displayed when MGI launched via command line. Is it possible to bypass it ? StefanLemmens, did you find a solution ?

- the second one is : when used with LV2017-64Bits, MGI SX do not find LV and show this error message :

11:40:20  - Initializing LabVIEW Connections
11:40:20  - Connecting to LV 2017
11:40:20  -  -  generated the following error:

Error Code: 5011
Error Details:
Unable to find requested version of LabVIEW.

Requested Version: 2017
11:40:20  - Build Failed.

Of course, LV is installed as MGI SX can load the project when I configure the .lvsln. I never had this problem when I usee it with LV2014-64bits

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks for your support!

• 2 years later...

Another question: Anybody knows if it is possible to add the version to the SFX output filename? Something like: Output name="Teststand package <version> " 

Resulting in a filename:  "Teststand package v 1.0.0.2.exe"

I would also like to add the version in the shell command. How to do that?