LabVIEW Tree control Style

Gavin

Not with the native tree control. There are some tricks you can do to get the drop down lists, but nothing for the nested table.

You could implement this with various tricks using clusters or subpanels, but my suggestion is that if you already have a control which does this (I'm assuming a .NET control), you just embed it in a .NET container and use that.

Not with the native tree control. There are some tricks you can do to get the drop down lists, but nothing for the nested table.

You could implement this with various tricks using clusters or subpanels, but my suggestion is that if you already have a control which does this (I'm assuming a .NET control), you just embed it in a .NET container and use that.

Hello Yair,

thanks for your reply.Using clusters or subpanels, Do I insert clusters to Tree control? About your suggestion using a .NET control, I have no experience about .NET.

thanks for your reply.Using clusters or subpanels, Do I insert clusters to Tree control?

No, you can't. It would have to be more complicated and I'm not sure what would be needed to make it work, which is why I said you should use the existing control you already have (at least I assume you used an image of a real control and not something you made up on your own). The other alternative is to build the UI in a different way, like showing the relevant details in the tree and then updating the values in separate controls when you click the relevant line on the tree.

About your suggestion using a .NET control, I have no experience about .NET.

Then you'll probably want to start with looking at some tutorials and examples on the topic.

build the UI in a different way, like showing the relevant details in the tree and then updating the values in separate controls when you click the relevant line on the tree.

For reference, an example of this kind is in "Grab and Attributes Setup.vi" among the IMAQdx examples of the Example finder. Specifically this VI used to have some glitches in older releases of LV, I don't know whether solved in later versions, but anyway should give you the idea of what Yair means. If you happen to have IMAQ and a webcam you can see it in action.