Get object type from GUID?

Stobber

I'm walking through a LVRT Project using the VI Server API, trying to find a particular build spec on my FPGA target. I can get the target ("FPGA Target") by name and use that ref to find the build spec by its name, but the reference returned can't be cast to type ProjectItem:BuildSpecification. If I probe the reference wire, the only interesting thing I see is the type GUID...

{F4C5E96F-7410-48A5-BB87-3559BC9B167F}

Does anybody know of a way to deduce the VI Server object type from this GUID so I can perform a downcast on it?

Edited by Stobber
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm walking through a LVRT Project using the VI Server API, trying to find a particular build spec on my FPGA target. I can get the target ("FPGA Target") by name and use that ref to find the build spec by its name, but the reference returned can't be cast to type ProjectItem:BuildSpecification. If I probe the reference wire, the only interesting thing I see is the type GUID...

{F4C5E96F-7410-48A5-BB87-3559BC9B167F}

Does anybody know of a way to deduce the VI Server object type from this GUID so I can perform a downcast on it?

I might misunderstand what you are trying to do, but do you really need the GUID conversion?

Once you get to the BuildSpecs and its OwnedItems you can query each OwnedItem for the TypeString.

This typestring is different depending on if you have a build script that is EXE, Source Distribution, Zip etc., but you can cast any of them to BuildSpecification.

/J