I'm taking the CLA exam in a few weeks and would like some feedback on the solution I put together (attached). A few specific questions:
Can I dump tags in the VI Documentation of the VI like I did in Error Handler - Console Error.vi and get credit since there are instructions for developers to complete this work? This would be my strategy if I run out of time.
Does this seem like a passing solution? Why/why not?
Where do you think I would lose the most points in this solution?
Any other feedback on this exam or general strategy tips are greatly appreciated!
Ten year NI engineer with several years systems integration experience offering contract technical writing services. I have taught NI's LabVIEW courses and been involved with LabVIEW since taking LV Basics in version 7.1 at NI Corporate. Technical writing services do not necessarily need to be strictly LabVIEW related however. Please PM to initiate a discussion!
LabVIEW Software Developer
SIGMADESIGN is a fun, fast-paced engineering consulting company currently experiencing explosive growth. We are looking for a LabVIEW Software Developer. Curiosity, competency and confidence are a must. We offer competitive compensation (DOE), Medical, Dental, and Short Term Disability insurance, a retirement plan, and profit sharing. We also offer Voluntary Benefits: Vision, Long Term Disability, and Term Life insurance.
Definition and programming of LabVIEW based software. Duties include: designing, developing, installation, and debug of custom LabVIEW based applications for a variety of monitoring, measurement, and control systems. Systems will incorporate a variety of technologies (DAQ, machine vision, motion, FPGA & real-time control, etc.) with application across a broad range of industries.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain LabVIEW applications for control and data acquisition across a wide range of test and measurement systems.
· Interpret and understand control specification documents, P&ID drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
· Utilize National Instruments data acquisition hardware, off-the-shelf test equipment, and custom developed hardware.
· Troubleshoot software and electrical control issues and define and/or implement solutions.
· Support, improve and modify existing LabVIEW applications as necessary.
· Create and maintain documentation, version control history, and bug tracking for LabVIEW applications in coordination with engineering and technician teams.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience: (Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
· CLD (Certified LabVIEW Developer) certification or above is required.
· 5+ years LabVIEW application development experience with demonstrated proficiency.
· Experience with NI DAQmx, NI VISA drivers, and supported protocols (GPIB, RS232/RS485, TCP/IP).
· Experience with at least one version control system and an issue tracking system.
· Attention to detail in design, programming, debug, and documentation work.
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
· Ability to plan work and accomplish objectives with minimum of direction.
· Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
Additional Desirable Skills, Education, and Experience:
· CLA (Certified LabVIEW Architect) certification highly desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field highly desirable.
· LabVIEW Real-time and FPGA Programming experience.
· LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming experience.
· Experience with developing Motion and Vision applications.
· Experience with CAN and Modbus network protocols.
· Familiar with basic relational database concepts.
· Linux OS administration and shell scripting experience.
· Experience with Matlab and Simulink.
· Additional software skills (C/C++, PHP, Python, etc.).
· LabVIEW for calling external code (dll, COM objects, ActiveX, .NET, etc.)
· Translation of source code from various languages (VB, C, C++, C#, Python) into LabVIEW code.
· Calling VIs dynamically.
· Experience with LabVIEW version 2012 or newer.
· Pass a post-offer background check verification.
· Complete Pre-Employment Assessment required: Begin Assessment
In addition to submitting your application, please complete the Pre-Employment Assessment to be considered for this position.
Standard office environment with normal amounts of office related conditions. Occasionally may be required to work in environmental conditions that emulate typical user environments in order to facilitate design testing and validation.
Sigma Design - Corporate Fact Sheet.pdf
By dave w
Looking for an experienced NI programmer for part time/contract work & programming assistance in Chicago, IL (western suburbs) area.