SQLite problems with where statements and data binding

hey guys,

I'm pretty new to Labview and very new to databases. I found SQLite and thought it would be a good fit for a new project, but I'm having a hard time getting the where statements to work so I get the data I'm expecting.

Ive created a table in a database editor called parts, it has two fields part type and serial number. I scan a tag to get a serial number and would like my database call to return the appropriate part type. Right now I only have one value in each column ( a single serial number and a single part type). I tried to use the "?" and bind the serial number to it but kept getting zero returned values. I can get the part type value by saying "SELECT PartType FROM Parts".

I must be doing something very simple wrong, I tried to look on the SQLite.org but really wasnt sure what I was missing in the syntax section for select.

any help would be great,

Thanks

DBPartTypeFromSN.png

hey guys,

Sorry my problem had nothing to do with my SQL syntax. When I put the actual serial number in the database I was lazy and just scanned it in, the scanner appends a newline character, so my strings really weren't matching up.

Thanks though : )