[CR] Flatline Controls

• 2 years later...

Hi, I made an application in Labview 2013 SP1 using silver controls palette. Then, I replaced with the beautiful controls of Flatline library. Now, my UI looks really nice :). But, when I look up the memory usage of my new “flat” app version, I noted that it increases (near the double) of my originally “no flat” appl memory usage. After a while of running the app, the memory usage is reduced to the original value . Have you noted this extra memory issue? Can be related with the flat library? Should I check an extra option on the app's bulit option? Thank you very much

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am trying to use these suberb controls in Labview 2019 but I have many troubles.

The boolean buttons have a strange behaviour. When the VI is not running, they are blue (for dark ones) or transparent (for clear ones). Then I run the VI and they remain in the initial color unitl I click them. After the first click the color changes to dark green for True state and grey for False. When the VI stops, they go back to the original color (blue or clear). Even worse, when pressed the first time, the button is no more a rounded rectangle but becomes a normal rectangle. Even the color reported in properties is not correct: for dark (blue) buttons it is blue for False and Black for True, but the button just does not follow this schema when pressed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hello, thank you for prompt answer.

The version I use is 1.9.1.133.

ButtonTest.png.cac8bf22561caf005aa89945011819de.pngI have now installed the vip library; unitl now I used your controls by extracting them directly from the vip file with 7zip. I usually tend to not install libraries if not really needed.

Now that the library is installed, I had discovered that the buttons that gave me problems are in the OLD palette folder.

Anyway, even if properly installed, the button colors are still not coherent. See the attachment.

I'd also like to use the OLD buttons, since I need the icon.

Thank you

Raf

Why not just use the new buttons, with icons, which you can find in the pallets now that you have installed the package?

These buttons are created from the system button, in order to get hover states.  System buttons don't support the button colours, unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, Raf73 said:

Hope one day NI will release a slightly more decent control customize editor. The current one is still a real pain..

NI already did: it is called LabVIEW NXG. NI created NXG specifically to address weaknesses in LabVIEW 20xx UI layer. The LabVIEW 20xx editor is antiquated, but its C++ code is very hard to modify. Given that NI's focus for user interfaces is almost entirely in NXG, there is very slim chance of further developments ever in the LabVIEW 20xx control editor. I cannot say "no, never" just as I never promise "yes" on future functionality even when I'm actively working on it, but I will say that it would take significant user encouragement for NI to fund the 20xx control editor ahead of other 20xx priorities, and I don't expect that to happen.