mxLvProvider.mxx required for executable

Does anybody know why my application executable all of a sudden needs the file "mxLvProvider.mxx" to be in the data directory?

The application builder puts it there automatically, but I do not know what it is for. If I remove it my application does not run, instead the usual file prompt dialogue pops up when I run the application.

Also, can anybody shed any light on what this file is for? My PC seems to think it is a "MAX Configuration UI" but that does not make any sense either.

Crossposted here.

Edited by Neil Pate
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: this is caused by including theĀ Get Build Specification Version VI (\vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_API_Simple\Get Build Specification Version (path).vi)

For various reasons I needed to know the current build number, and found that VI to do it. Unfortunately this causes a bunch of extra dependencies to appear in the project and the necessity of this mxLvProvider.mxx in the built application, so for me is not a pleasant solution.