OpenG Toolkit Standalone Installation

I need to get the full OpenG Toolkit to a computer without internet access.

The link to the NI FTP site only has the top level library and none of the dependencies.

There is something called oglib_array-4.1.1.14.vip on SourceForge, which, as the name implies, seems to only be the array library.

Help?

Cat

Go to a computer that has OpenG already installed.  Go to the C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache folder, copy all the OpenG package files to the offline computer via USB.  Then go to VIPM and go to File >> Open Package File(s) and select all your files then install.  If you have VIPM professional you can create package configurations, which is collections of packages and you can choose to include the packages.  I use this and end up with a single VIPC file that can be copied to an offline computer and installed in one step in VIPM.

I've had this off-internet issue for ever, and have just been copying the _OpenG.lib directory from computer to computer. After several years I figured it was about time for an update... 

My C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache folder doesn't have OpenG files in it (other than the top-level library I got from the NI site).   I'll try installing it on my home computer and see how far I get.

Hooovahh wins!  I was able to download the latest and greatest OpenG libraries to my home computer and copy them to my off-line work computer.

However, it was a needlessly convoluted process. I gotta think someone out there could host these libraries somewhere that would allow a manual download that doesn't require installation of other software.

Thanks for the link Shaun that is a handy thing to have, but the only OpenG package listed is the 2Kb package, telling VIPM to go download and install all the dependent packages from the internet.  So that package without the internet is useless, not sure where all the actual OpenG packages are hosted.

12 minutes ago, hooovahh said:

Thanks for the link Shaun that is a handy thing to have, but the only OpenG package listed is the 2Kb package, telling VIPM to go download and install all the dependent packages from the internet.  So that package without the internet is useless, not sure where all the actual OpenG packages are hosted.

SourceForge is to my knowledge still the host for all OpenG packages: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengtoolkit/files/

1 hour ago, smithd said:

I they're hosted by the JKI repo, since thats the other default repository. I don't know if there is any access through http/ftp.

They are on Sourceforge like LogMAN says. A file called "jkisoft.ogpd.zip" is downloaded from their repo and it contains the list of OpenG packages and redirects to sourceforge for each. I'd forgotten they were a bit more convoluted than most packages :oops: