Mouse coordinate capture

Hi all ,

Need help regarding the Vi i have made which works fine with labVIEW pane.Which i need to capture in windows screen.

I have attached the vi which works great in labVIEW pane and records each event of click inside the pane.i haven't find any options in event structure for capturing mouse events out side the pane (ie which captures windows UI ) .  I know i could make it with while loop capturing mouse coordinates still i feel its not a reliable way to record .So please let me know how to make it in Event structure or is there any reliable way to make without event structure.

Capture tool LabVIEWpane.vi

Edited by Jillu Pravin

I was considering that the normal OS behaviour, for clicks outside a window in foreground, in a windowed OS, is to bring to foreground another application. In such case LV keeps running as a background application, having no notion of concurrent processes and composting of windows assigned to them by the OS. So no wonder that LV itself has no notion of "my window is not anymore in foreground", but only, at best, of "Is the front panel of this VI the frontmost among all LV windows". So trapping of external mouse clicks might be possible only through OS calls, polling the focus assigned to application windows by the OS.

What is the UI effect sought, though? If it is preventing or trapping outside clicks, what about workarounds like a) make the said FP modal, b) create a dummy transparent VI (not available in linux, I fear) with a FP devoid of any toolbar and scrollbar, which fills the screen for the sole purpose of trapping clicks?

w.png

On 8/2/2016 at 7:49 PM, ensegre said:

I was considering that the normal OS behaviour, for clicks outside a window in foreground, in a windowed OS, is to bring to foreground another application. In such case LV keeps running as a background application, having no notion of concurrent processes and composting of windows assigned to them by the OS. So no wonder that LV itself has no notion of "my window is not anymore in foreground", but only, at best, of "Is the front panel of this VI the frontmost among all LV windows". So trapping of external mouse clicks might be possible only through OS calls, polling the focus assigned to application windows by the OS.

What is the UI effect sought, though? If it is preventing or trapping outside clicks, what about workarounds like a) make the said FP modal, b) create a dummy transparent VI (not available in linux, I fear) with a FP devoid of any toolbar and scrollbar, which fills the screen for the sole purpose of trapping clicks?

w.png

Thanks a Lot..  The snippet you have provided seems higher version. could you provide me 2012 version..