AF22M acquisition of data

wenqosi

Hello,
I'm in internship and asked me to do a software for acquisition data AF22M sulfur dioxide analyzer (on the manual it says it has a USB and Ethernet port).
I have to do under LabView and I've ever used.
I have read several tutorial to understand how it worked, and before starting to program I wanted to know if it was possible to recover the data for this machine and if I can how?
I don't know if I was clear.
Thank you in advance for your replies.

Yes you can write a program in LabVIEW to communicate to the instrument. Writing instrument drivers is tedious but you have all the tools at your disposal to do so via LabVIEW. The USB port is 99% probability a serial port emulator. When you plug the instrument into your computer it should show up a "COM port" . You the write and read strings to this port with the VIs that under the VISA pallet under instrument control. You have to make sure all your baud rate, parity, and other serial settign are correct and match the specification of the instruments . The company will have some sort of document that lists these commands so get your hands on that and look at the some of the serial comm examples and start using that example VI to write commands to the instrument.