OpenG Variant Configuration file library

2 minutes ago, drjdpowell said:

Does it require 2012?   I thought recursion worked well before that.

Well recursion worked before but only if you opened a reference to the VI explicitedly. Since LabVIEW 2012 you can place a reentrant VI directly into its own diagram.

Edited by rolfk

Wow this is a fantastic discovery.  I always knew the OpenG config functions were really slow for large structures but always blamed the NI INI config functions that had to be called so many times.  In the past I've switched over to using the MGI Read/Write Anything code (modifying it a bit for my needs) but I'll look into the improved OpenG solution in the future.

If someone does take on the updating of this package and code, they also may want to use some of the newer LabVIEW features that can improve performance, like inlining, and conditional or concatenating array tunnels.

32 minutes ago, drjdpowell said:

Right! I did check and when using shared reentrant clone VIs, then it also works in LabVIEW 2009. In my initial tests I did use the default preallcoated reentrancy of those VIs and that of course can't work as LabVIEW would then have to preallocate an indefinite amount of clones due to recursion and that would for sure crash! 

So LabVIEW 2009 it will stay! 

• Like 1