Fresh start with Data Dashboard

I am unable to drag the controls from the Data Dashboard (latest version) to the panel.  I tried double clicking, dragging, clicking like a madman, and so on, and it just does not want to go to the panel.  Tried dragging after the cntrol was selected (highlighted in blue).  Tried to drag it while it was being selected (brief grey mode).  Tried dragging while it was unselected (white).  I swear I tried everything imaginable.

I am also surprised that there is no "button" in the controls selection.  Do we need to use a shape and assign it as a button?

Is there something better than the Data Dashboard?  I am unimpressed with it.  NI really didn't seem to get this one right (at all).  The software crashes whenever I switch from the Data Dashboard to another app and return to it.

I need to create a small application that will allow the user to start a process remotely.  It should be really simple, but the Data Dashboard is not cooperating. 

Using:

Samsung Tab S2 (latest version) Model: SM-T817W

Kernel Version:  3.10.9-8493064

Android Version: 6.0.1

Is there other info that is needed?  I can't share code because, well there isn't any.  The only screen capture I could show at this time would be a blank white page.

Thanks,

RayR

On 12/9/2016 at 1:33 PM, RayR said:

Thanks smithd,

I like the approach in the link that you provided.

And not just because Thomas is also a Dilbert fan?  Keep in mind that code is still in its infancies.  That being said I've been successfully using it on a couple of projects, one with over 1,000 individual front panel objects (really should have worked on implementing arrays), and unlike the other 10 or so solutions for web based control of a VI, it is 100% open source so feel free to make improvements.

• Like 1