SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff

m3nth

Maybe this isn't related to scripting really--at the moment I don't have much time to care or to figure it out personally--but I didn't see any posts on here about it either which I thought was curious.  Has anyone looked at this?

4474[/snapback]

It is nice to look at what you get by this if you have a lot of time at your hands! I haven't yet really found many reasons to actually use it, especially because use of this for production apps might be not such a good idea. As it is all about undocumented stuff really, NI is free to change this functionality at any time, by changing data types, behaviour, or removing the functionality for whatever reason and it won't be mentioned in the upgrade notes at all, so you can end up with some bad surprises when you need to upgrade your app to the next LabVIEW version.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Maybe this isn't related to scripting really--at the moment I don't have much time to care or to figure it out personally--but I didn't see any posts on here about it either which I thought was curious.  Has anyone looked at this?

4474[/snapback]

From what I have seen in a few minutes, this options reveals a "huge" set of properties and methods from the Property Node- and Invoke Method-primitives. If they are different from the "SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible", or just arranged in a different matter, I haven't checked.

I think the topic BD.Open VI property falls into this segment.

...all in all, another nice and creative keyname. :rolleyes:

Does anyone could find enough time to try if combinations with ,"huge","mega","giga","private","hidden","unrevealed",... resolve to any valid keyname in LV.ini??? :D

Didier

From what I have seen in a few minutes, this options reveals a "huge" set of properties and methods from the Property Node- and Invoke Method-primitives. If they are different from the "SuperPrivateScriptingFeatureVisible", or just arranged in a different matter, I haven't checked.

...all in all, another nice and creative keyname. :rolleyes:

Does anyone could find enough time to try if combinations with ,"huge","mega","giga","private","hidden","unrevealed",... resolve to any valid keyname in LV.ini??? :D

Didier

4487[/snapback]

You seem to think we have millions of years at our hands ;-). Honestly, just do an ASCII string search on the LabVIEW executable. Unix has nice tools for that such as grep!

Rolf Kalbermatter

4487[/snapback]

And it clutters those popup menus with so many items that normal working in LabVIEW with them is almost impossible.

Rolf Kalbermatter

You seem to think we have millions of years at our hands ;-). Honestly, just do an ASCII string search on the LabVIEW executable. Unix has nice tools for that such as grep!

Rolf Kalbermatter

4489[/snapback]

:headbang: O.K... It was Friday, I'm an ingeneer, my brain searches to often the complicated solutions instead of the evident...