LV2016 Icon colors on BD

MikaelH

I've just started to use LV2016, and one thing I noticed is that the built-in function Icon's inner color isn't black any more when placed on the BD.
It's black in the palette, but when placed it becomes gray.

Some functions is still black, is this a new feature?

Icons.png

But if you look at AristosQueue entry can't you just go back to the original high contrast display method by just checking/unchecking? the "Use alternative Block Diagram Data type colours" entry in the INI settings?  I haven't installed LV2016 to try this.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, Gribo said:

Does it mean that the BD is now vector based and not raster based?

I don't think it is.  I can't say for certain but if it was I'd assume one of the NI R&D engineers I've talked to would have been excited about it and mentioned it.  Are you part of the technology preview?  I'm asking of course for a completely unrelated reason and has nothing to do with the current discussion we are having about vector based FP and BD.  And sorry no 4K here.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2017 at 3:39 AM, Gribo said:

Anti aliasing, at last. Does anyone has a 4K display? It should look better on higher resolution laptops and small monitors.

Does it mean that the BD is now vector based and not raster based?

This is basically asking the wrong question in the wrong way :D. The LabVIEW diagram is always drawn as a vector graphic, but the icons are bitmaps. But yes the coordinates of the diagram are pixels, not some arbitrary high resolution unit like mixels (micro-meter resolution or whatever).

Changing that in current LabVIEW would be a major investment that is not going to happen.