Fit objects in tab control in a lower screen resolution

ASalcedo

Hello to all.

Thanks for helping me.

I have developed an application in a laptop of 15.6 inches.

Now I am creating a .EXE to deploy in a PLC of 15 inches.

All my front panel is a tab control which has controls and indicators inside.

The problem is that when I deploy de application I can not see a part of tab control (15 inches vs 15.6 inches).

How can I fit tab control to 15 inches easyly?

Thanks a lot.

LV metrics is in pixels, not in inches anyway. Your best bet is to develop from start for the exact number of pixels you have on the deployed screen. You could also try VI properties/Window size/Mantain proportions of window and VI properties/Window size/Scale all objects, or Scale object with pane on single controls, but the result may not be impressing, and this is a notorious flaw of LV. For finer control, you could specify programmatically the positions and sizes of all your objects with property nodes, which is certainly tedious.

Oh the pain of resizing LabVIEW UI's.  I learned tons of work arounds to make useful UI and UX in LabVIEW and several involve using having controls fitting to panes and using splitters, and subpanels in VIs.  If you do go with the Maintain Proportions of Window that ensegre suggested, I'd recommend starting with you UI as small as you expect to support, and then turn that setting on.  It tends to work a little better if you only make controls get larger, then resize back down to the original size.  If you have a UI and then try to make it smaller things get squished and overlap, then when you make it large again things are out of place.

20 hours ago, ensegre said:

LV metrics is in pixels, not in inches anyway. Your best bet is to develop from start for the exact number of pixels you have on the deployed screen. You could also try VI properties/Window size/Mantain proportions of window and VI properties/Window size/Scale all objects, or Scale object with pane on single controls, but the result may not be impressing, and this is a notorious flaw of LV. For finer control, you could specify programmatically the positions and sizes of all your objects with property nodes, which is certainly tedious.

18 hours ago, hooovahh said:

Oh the pain of resizing LabVIEW UI's.  I learned tons of work arounds to make useful UI and UX in LabVIEW and several involve using having controls fitting to panes and using splitters, and subpanels in VIs.  If you do go with the Maintain Proportions of Window that ensegre suggested, I'd recommend starting with you UI as small as you expect to support, and then turn that setting on.  It tends to work a little better if you only make controls get larger, then resize back down to the original size.  If you have a UI and then try to make it smaller things get squished and overlap, then when you make it large again things are out of place.

Thanks for answering. Yes I have tried to go with the Maintain Proportions of Windows that @ensegre suggesed, UI fits well (more or less...) but the problem is that I have some controls that their position is calculated programatically depending on ig user click on them.

So I am imagine that I have to use property nodes for each resolution right?

Thanks again.