can .ini file be changed to "enable debugging" and then user can get my block diagram?

Hello to all.

I am deploying an executable (not installer) in a target PC with the same programs (labview and toolkits) installed than the development machine.

When I create executable I uncheck the option "enable debugging" (see image below):

Application%20Builder.PNGApplication%20Builder.PNG

** In the image "enable debugging" is checked but I uncheck in my application.

Then I am trying to debug in run time and of course I can not.

I do this to make me sure that the user can not get my block diagram.

But now I realized that in .ini file that Labview creates with executable there are these options:

DebugServerEnabled=False
DebugServerWaitOnLaunch=False

So if user writes "true" in these options, can they debug in real time and because of that get my block diagram?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by ASalcedo
5 hours ago, ASalcedo said:

So if user writes "true" in these options, can they debug in real time and because of that get my block diagram?

No. If you do not check "Enable Debugging" in the build specification, and do not explicitly uncheck the "Remove Block Diagram" option for a VI within the build specification, then the block diagram is removed during the build process and cannot be recovered from the executable. Setting the INI file option might allow the user to connect with the debugger, but they will not actually be able to debug anything because the block diagrams aren't there.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ned said:

No. If you do not check "Enable Debugging" in the build specification, and do not explicitly uncheck the "Remove Block Diagram" option for a VI within the build specification, then the block diagram is removed during the build process and cannot be recovered from the executable. Setting the INI file option might allow the user to connect with the debugger, but they will not actually be able to debug anything because the block diagrams aren't there.

Thanks a lot! I tried yesterday and you are right :) !