Concurrent Execution

dxy6406

Here is what I am trying to do

I have a USB I2C Bus controller with lab view drivers to read and write from. I have two I2C devices, an analog to digital converter and an rf bias voltage controller. The analog to digital converter output voltage needs to be constantly read and updated to a labview interface circa every 250ms. I have this module working.

My question is how can I read the voltage as I am doing and simultaneously control the rf bias controller. What labview mechanisms exist to interleave execution? If I am not being clear let me know.

So, thinking out loud, one person talking (P1) and two other people listening (P2 & P3). P1 asks P2 a question and extracts the answer. P1 then asks P3 a question and extracts the answer. Does your I2C driver allow you to do reads and writes separately? If so, P2 and P3 can each hold their answers until P1 extracts them. In other words, have one subvi that accepts an address and does the read, another subvi that accepts an address and does the write.