no class.ctl in packed project library?

PA-Paul

Not sure where this question best fits, it could have gone in application design and architecture (as I'm using the PPL based plugin architecture), or possibly OOP as I'm using OOP... 

Anyway, I have made an interface class for my plugin architecture, put it in a library (.lvlib) and then packed that library (to PPL - .lvlibp) for use in my application. My question is relatively simple, why, when I look at the class within the packed library, is there no sign of the "class.ctl" (i.e. the class private data control)? 

Related - is the lack of class private data control within the PPL the reason I can't probe my class wire in my application built against the PPL? (I can probe it and see the private data values if I code against the original unpacked class).

Any thoughts or insights would be gratefully received!

Paul

The class.ctl not present in the packed library is expected. I don't have a reason for this, though the packed library is compiled code, so the private data (the class.ctl) is no longer visible.

If you compiled the packed library with Enable Debug flag turned on then I would expect to be able to probe the value (can't say I've payed attention to that). I expect the needed information is stripped out otherwise.

Unfortunately, even with debug enabled you cant probe the class wire (Well, actually you can but all you get is the class name, not the private data). At least that is the case on VIs within the PPL (so if you try to probe the class wire on the BD of a VI within the packed library all you get is the name of the class. I'm pretty sure the same is true in the calling code once the class wire has "been through" a VI from the PPL.

Paul