help for Building executable file with labview

First, you must have the Labview Application Builder installed, it is an additional package for the Labview development system, it comes with with the more expensive versions of Labview. (Labview Full Development Version, or Professional Development Version)

If it is installed, open Labview, and click Tools >> Build Application or Shared DLL.

A window should pop up, allowing you to specify files to include and such. The main thing to remember is to click on the pull down menu for build type, and choose Application (.exe)

There should be more info on the NI website, search there for more details.

First, you must have the Labview Application Builder installed, it is an additional package for the Labview development system, it comes with with the more expensive versions of Labview. (Labview Full Development Version, or Professional Development Version)

If it is installed, open Labview, and click Tools >> Build Application or Shared DLL.

A window should pop up, allowing you to specify files to include and such. The main thing to remember is to click on the pull down menu for build type, and choose Application (.exe)

There should be more info on the NI website, search there for more details.

4511[/snapback]

ok.Thanks.This is good.But it doesn't work in othes computer,because the other computer hasn't labview program.

I want to build a exe file that can work in a computer without labview.

• 2 months later...

Totally new to LabView here, using 6.1 also. I packaged the first program I wrote as an EXE, and included the run time engine as well. After running the installer, I ran the exe that I compiled, and it opened a "Select VI File" box. After choosing the script that I wrote, it runs fine as a stand alone. What did I do, or not do that excluded the full packaging of the file in the exe package?

This is the first day of playing with LabView, and I am liking it already!

Thanks for your help. My first post on what seems like a killer forum!

Jay

You can find a good manual (as PDF, if you don't like the online help ...) in "your programm files dir"\National Instruments\"your LabVIEW dir"\manuals\appbldr.pdf

There is a step by step instruction how to build an application from a VI.

What about the script you wrote ? Can you please tell some more details? The exe should contain all the files LV needs to run the application (including VIs from vi.lib, etc ...), therefore LV should not ask 4 missing files ...

You can find a good manual (as PDF, if you don't like the online help ...) in "your programm files dir"\National Instruments\"your LabVIEW dir"\manuals\appbldr.pdf

There is a step by step instruction how to build an application from a VI.

What about the script you wrote ? Can you please tell some more details? The exe should contain all the files LV needs to run the application (including VIs from vi.lib, etc ...), therefore LV should not ask 4 missing files ...

5178[/snapback]

My problem was more like a lack of sleep. Came in the morning, repackaged the VI as an exe and bam, up and running. Thanks for your response....I am sure that I will have a million more questions!

Jay