Hi, I'm fairly new to the JKI SMO framework and I have been looking at many examples online about how to use the framework (the HAL Webinar was very helpful) and I think I understand most of what is being presented but I'm having trouble making the next step of actually implementing it into my applications.

At a basic level I'm having difficulty with launching the splash screen SMO.  When I launch a splash screen using the created TestLauncher.vi it launches without difficulty, but when I try to create the Splash Screen SMO from another SMO, it gets stuck in the SMO.lvclass:Start.vi.  Particularly, the subVI StartProcesses.vi.  It's waiting in the Event structure for an event never seems to happen.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bruce, 

I just saw your post. As cbl mentioned, the best place for support on SMOs is the issues section on GitHub. 
https://github.com/JKISoftware/JKI-State-Machine-Objects/issues

Are you still having issues or you've solved it?
It is most likely a re-entrancy settings issue, perhaps with the Splash screen template creator method. Try setting the reentrancy of the Creator method to Shared Reentrant.

Francois

Edited by Francois Normandin