OpenG Zip Library on cRIO-9033

Hi all,

I've got a customer that wants to zip/unzip files on their cRIO-9035, so I had them playing with the OpenG Zip tools to see if it would fit their needs. Although they've found that they can zip files on their cRIO just fine, they find that they get disconnected from their RT target and the shell shows the following error message:

LabVIEW caught a fatal signal
15.0 - Recieved SIGSEGV
Reason: address not mapped to object
Attempt to reference address: 0x0x10000000
stdin: is not a tty

The zip file they're testing with includes two simple .txt files with short strings in them ("booya" and "booya2"). This file unzips just fine on the host PC with the "ZLIB Extract All Files To Dir" VI, but when copied over to the cRIO and unzipped via the same VI, it only unzips the first text file and the resulting file doesn't have any text in it.

I've attached a copy of the project and the zip file I used to reproduce this behavior using a cRIO-9033 that I had on hand. (The only thing I can't provide is the cRIO >_<)

Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions as to what other workarounds I could take to zip/unzip files on a LinuxRT target would also be very much appreciated!

Regards,

Tamon

Unzip on cRIO-9033.zip

45 minutes ago, fennectp said:

Any suggestions as to what other workarounds I could take to zip/unzip files on a LinuxRT target would also be very much appreciated!

That's how I do it on my Linux RT based cDAQ.  Drop down a System Exec function and give it this string on the input to the Command Line:

unzip "%s" -d "%s"

Where the first %s is the path input to the zip you want to unzip, and the second is the path input that is the directory of where you want the zip to be extracted to.  Looking at my code I also provide the Working Directory as the folder that the zip resides in but I think that is unnecessary.  It is a bit disappointing the NI and OpenG compression utilities don't work on the Linux RT, but wrapper VIs could be made on the system exec and get similar functionality.

If you SSH into the system you can get help on the unzip and zip functions showing the various command line options.

• Like 1