LabVIEW 2017 installers

NI Week is just around the corner so I was wondering when the LabVIEW 2017 installers would be published...and found out they are already out :o:)

Here are two of the downloaders:

ftp://anonymous@ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/ekit/other/downloader/2017LV-WinEng_downloader.exe

ftp://anonymous@ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/ekit/other/downloader/2017RealTime-Eng_downloader.exe

• Like 1

Yes it is out unofficially.  And there are even a few blog posts talking about its new features.  But there always is that ever so slight chance that NI will find a major issue before the release, have to release an update.  In these cases people like you and I are risking getting a broken version of LabVIEW that was never intended to be in the hands of the public.  NI would just delete it from their FTP and assume no one got the buggy version.  Of course I'm not aware of that ever happening, and besides is will be officially released next week anyway so I say have at it.

One thing that isn't quite clear to me is when we can start talking about these new features.  I was part of the beta and have an NDA so I can't talk about it, but now it is out...but not officially.  Anyway as far as I know there are only two features that get me excited.  One is a major thing for reuse and will help make reuse code what we have wanted for years.  The other isn't as big of a deal but might be useful for those that use DVRs often.