Opening re-entrant subVIs in LabVIEW 2017 does not launch clones

I just installed LabVIEW 2017. I noticed that double clicking on a re-entrant subVI opens the master VI rather than the associated clone (as would happen using previous versions of LV). This is a bit frustrating, as it means the only way to probe a re-entrant subVI is to change the window appearance options to launch the front panel when called. This can become very cumbersome when there are multiple parallel calls on the same re-entrant, as it can be a pain finding the relevant one to probe.

Is there an option to change this behavior?

I don't know if there is a way to change what instance of the VI opens but you should be able to use the menu View > Browse Relationships > Reentrant Items to open up any instance of the reentrant VI.

It could be a version difference (I haven't used 2017 much) but maybe try checking to see if the VIs you are trying to debug are set to shared clone or preallocated.

Thanks, that's a handy tip I wasn't aware of that means I don't have to set the reentrant to launch its front panel. It is still a bit frustrating to figure out which of the clones I am interested in from the browse relationships menu.

The reentrant is set to preallocated.

7 hours ago, jacobson said:

It could be a version difference (I haven't used 2017 much) but maybe try checking to see if the VIs you are trying to debug are set to shared clone or preallocated.

I tested 2017 vs 2015 now, and the behavior does seem to have changed (have not checked the behaviour in 2016 though, skipped that version):
In 2015, double-clicking a preallocated reentrant sub-VI in both edit or run-mode (not actually executing it, just double-clicking on the VI while the code is running) will open the front panel of a clone (noted in the window name).
In 2017, it opens the master VI (the cloned window is not available until the subVI is executed).