Printing a graphic using ZPL

Neil Pate

Firstly, although I was able to get the custom VISA driver to work (USB Zebra printer) I have reverted back to this technique for getting the printer to work. Have had good success with it.

Now onto my problem. I want to print a logo on a label and am struggling to get the ^GF command to work properly (with binary data). I can successfully print a stripe pattern but am not having any success printing the actual logo. In the attached code (very rough prototype code just to get me up and running) I can print a stripy pattern (0xF0, so 11110000 alternating gives me columns of printing in the desired dimension) if I change the selector input to a T (to print my bit-packed logo) nothing prints and the printer seems to get stuck. I do not understand what the problem is as I just assumed, even if my logic for packing the logo into bits is incorrect, I should still get something printed. If I force the top bit high in my bit packing routing I get something printed but obviously not what I expect.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I have tried lots of variants of this code without any success. I am stumped why it does not print. My only conclusion is that Windows is mangling the string commands because technically I am sending null characters and backspace etc in my binary data, but I really just assumed the printer would interpret this stuff correctly.

logo (64x64).bmp

Print Test 5.vi