LabVIEW Intermediate Manual(s)

jacy

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Sure do! :) You're best legal option is to buy the most up-to-date versions from NI. That said, someone here might have their own personal copy that they might be willing to sell...

Anyone who has a legal hard copy can sell it legally. I note that the person requesting the course has LabVIEW 7.0 listed as his version. You cannot get NI to sell you an older version of LabVIEW. I am not sure if they will sell you an older version of the Intermediate course. It might be worth calling and asking. If they say no, then you can go on searching for a used copy. Depending on your relationship with your local NI rep and the closet Certified Training Center you might find an older copy available there. I agree with CRelf that however you get it, it should be a legal way. A flipped softcopy is not the way to go, bad habit to get into.

That being said, if you want a good basic to intermediate book, might I suggest the new version of: LabVIEW For Everyone, 3rd Edition

At $70.00 it is a bargain.

Anyone who has a legal hard copy can sell it legally. I note that the person requesting the course has LabVIEW 7.0 listed as his version. You cannot get NI to sell you an older version of LabVIEW. I am not sure if they will sell you an older version of the Intermediate course. It might be worth calling and asking. If they say no, then you can go on searching for a used copy. Depending on your relationship with your local NI rep and the closet Certified Training Center you might find an older copy available there. I agree with CRelf that however you get it, it should be a legal way. A flipped softcopy is not the way to go, bad habit to get into.

That being said, if you want a good basic to intermediate book, might I suggest the new version of: LabVIEW For Everyone, 3rd Edition

At $70.00 it is a bargain.

I am using 8.0 now, I'd rather have the most recent version but anything would be nice, Intermediate and DAQ. I've taken the Basics I and II courses but times are tough and courseware is the only choice I have for now. I do have LabVIEW for Everyone and the DAQ book in that series. If I could get the courseware books for $70 I'd be thrilled LOL. I have been learning quite a bit in NI's forums, I haven't worked with this one much yet.

You might try posting on info-labview. Many thousands of people read it every day (or every other day...). Another thought is that if you really want to get better, a lot better,

1. Have you gone through every (and I mean EVERY) example in the /examples folder that ships with LabVIEW. Studied them?

2. What are the LabVIEW books that you own and have studied in detail? If the answer is "not many" then go to Amazon.com and search on LabVIEW.