Apply LUT to grayscale images to produce Pseudo-color Images

Hello,everyone!

I want  to use LabVIEW to make grayscale images convert to  pseudo-color image by using lookup table.But I do not know how to use this function. How can I  customize a LUT function ?I had find a lot of lut files from imageJ ,can I load the  available lut files into LabVIEW ?Thanks! 

If you have the vision development module, there is a function for the built-in options: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\vision\Display.llb\IMAQ GetPalette

Useful if someone wants to replicate the behavior of the imaq image display.

18 hours ago, smithd said:

If you have the vision development module, there is a function for the built-in options: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\vision\Display.llb\IMAQ GetPalette

Useful if someone wants to replicate the behavior of the imaq image display.

Hi, smithd!

I konw this vi, but there is just five color mode in the vi. I want to load the avaliable LUT into the image display.I do not kow how to use get colorpalette,can you upload a vi ?Thanks!

false-color image.png

54 minutes ago, 花落阳关 said:

Hi,ShaunR!

I can not realize the result of yours, it just change the colortable of the intensity graph,not show the false-color in the intensity graph(nothing in it). So how to show false-color? 

Did you save your 1.png as an 8bit  greyscale image?

Try with mine.

jupiter.png

Edited by ShaunR
10 hours ago, ShaunR said:

Did you save your 1.png as an 8bit  greyscale image?

Try with mine.

jupiter.png

Sorry, the image of the 1.png is RGB, so I can not get the result.I had tried the 8 bit grayscale image,it's no problem, thanks!But I have two questions :1.the upper part of the vi just change the colortable of the intensity graph,why the intensity graph can add false-color? 2.I want to add false-color into the image display in real-time mode,how can I use the avaliable LUT? Below is image display, not intensity graph.Thanks!

false-color image.png

4 hours ago, 花落阳关 said:

I want to add false-color into the image display in real-time mode,how can I use the avaliable LUT? Below is image display, not intensity graph.Thanks!

The LabVIEW help has the answer ( Intensity Graphs and Charts ). There are also examples shipped with LabVIEW, one of which includes a VI with which you can create your own colour tables for them.

4 hours ago, 花落阳关 said:

the upper part of the vi just change the colortable of the intensity graph,why the intensity graph can add false-color?

Once you understand how #1 works you will [hopefully] see how to emulate the behaviour with an image indicator by reproducing the colour table behaviour of the intensity chart. If you get into difficulty; post what you have tried (the VI rather than an image).

Edited by ShaunR