Vision based application help

piZviZ

I have a LabVIEW based application for Vision inspection system. My application consist of acquisition from  6 cameras. 

My question is which solution is good

1. 6 Cameras connected to single PC1

or

2. 3 Cameras connected to PC1 and other 3 cameras connected to PC2

Brief explanation on your answer is appreciated

6 PC.

We mean, what do you take images for? What is the bandwidth? Are the cameras synchronized? Do the images need to be analyzed together, so that some program decides something according to what is in them? Can the computers exchange messages? What latencies are tolerated? Do the images need to be streamed disk? All these are considerations you have to take into account for a design.

• Like 1

6 PCs if you have a high bandwidth and a highly demanding image processing, one PC if you're tight in space or need a single control station. Or 7 PCs, 6 for processing and one for concentrated display. Personally I'd first evaluate the resources you need for a single task, and how many tasks could compete for resources if they run on a single PC, then assess how many PCs you need for upscaling.